Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Three Terrors...oops I mean Terriers!

I live with three terriers who keep me and my husband very entertained! We have "Gordy" who is the tri-colored Jack Russell terrier. We "acquired" Gordy in 2001 from an Amish farm because he was not big enough for the farmer. While I don't know Gordy's exact age, I'm estimating him to be about 9 or 10 years. He is very calm for a Jack and would prefer to sleep on your lap! He is also very personal.....we call him the "Walmart Greeter" at the clinic. I have a waiting list of people who would like to adopt him.

In 2005, my husband returned from a horse show in Michigan with a surprise......"Scoop"! Scoop is also a Jack Russell terrier. He is 3 years old and is very attached to my husband. He loves going to the barn and "helping" with chores. While Gordy is independent and calm, Scoop tends to be more needy.....but he is much more loyal and obedient.



And then there's "Lannie"! Our latest addition to the herd. Lannie is a 10 month old Jack Russell. She is named after Lansing, Michigan where she we picked her up at a horse show. (Seems to be a trend here....horse show...jack russell terrier!) Of the three, she is the most "Jack" like. Very independent, energetic and fun loving. She actually jumped up on this stool on her own and proceeded to spin around! I snapped this picture of her when the stool stopped spinning.

For the most part, they all three get along.......most of the the time. Scoop isn't real thrilled that Lannie has joined the family but he's getting better. Stay tuned for more terrier "antics".




1 comment: